Well folks, it looks like all those Paleo Comfort Foods orders at Amazon are going to ship this week! WOO-HOO! This last week has been a bit challenging for Julie and me…as you can imagine. We share your frustrations regarding the ship date of Paleo Comfort Foods and wanted it in your hands yesterday! Thank you all for your support and patience during all this!
We are so grateful for all the support and unbelievable rally around Paleo Comfort Foods last week. And to say thank you, let’s start by congratulating our contest winners from this past week…
Winner of the Penzeys Spice Pack & Meat Thermometer- Candy Griffin
Winner of the Kitchen Accessories- Eleni Billiris
Winner of the Titin Tech Hyper-Gravity Shirt- James Aftosmis
Congratulations to you all. We’ll be in touch to get your information and this stuff out to you ASAP.
Check out our “Contest Page” to see the amazing gifts we have for you this week. Some pretty spectacular stuff as we are looking to make our final push to the Bestseller list to get the paleo word out to even more folks!
In case you didn’t know, we are the featured chef for US Wellness Meats in the month of September. They shipped us quite a few samples of their amazing meats. These pork chops are just a taste of what is to come. Paleo Comfort Foods – smothered Pork Chops
Since we are in such a giving mood being that this is the week Paleo Comfort Foods officially debuts on Amazon, we figured that we would save our pork chop recipe in the book for those lucky folks that have ordered it. Today’s recipe was a Julie creation. I (Charles) did all the cooking and we think you’ll really dig the video.
This little number took no time to fix. All in, these were ready to eat in under 35 minutes. Boy do they taste good!
4-6 pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbs. coconut flour
1 tbs. garlic powder
1 tbs. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder or cayenne pepper
1/2 cup coconut or olive oil
1-2 large sweet onions- sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Rinse pork chops and pat dry
2. Mix flours, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, paprika and chipotle well and pour on plate
3. Heat oil in large skillet
4. Dredge chops in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Reserve remaining flour.
5. When oil is barely smoking, add pork chops and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
6. Remove chops from pan and set aside.
7. Without cleaning the pan, add the onions in and stir to loosen up any browned bits (called deglazing). Cook until onions are well-browned and translucent.
8. Sprinkle in remaning flour mixture on to onions, add the chicken stock and whisk to combine. Let sauce thicken a bit (simmer for about 5 minutes).
9. Stir in coconut milk.
10. Add the pork chops back into pan, spooning the onion sauce over them. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until pork is cooked through.