This is indeed an exciting week for Julie and me. We continue to be humbled and honored by all the comments, online reviews and stories that many of you have shared on our blog and through e-mails. Paleo Comfort Foods is making a difference in peoples lives and that just warms our hearts.
With that in mind, let’s warm that belly up with some Paleo Spiced Nuts! Football season is upon us and these make the absolute Best tailgate/host snack ever. Check out the review we got on this one from Elana’s Pantry.
Paleo Spiced Nuts Recipe
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 cups (400g) assorted nuts- pecans, walnuts, cashews & almonds
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbs. butter
1. Mix the cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat large cast-iron skillet or other large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add nuts and toast until slightly browned, being careful not to burn.
4. Add butter and vanilla to coat nuts, then sprinkle spice misture over nuts and stir until well combined.
5. Spread nuts over large cookie sheet to dry, or serve warm right out of the pan.
If you haven’t been over to our Contest of the Week page, you should check it out. One of the items we are giving away this week are a pair of the New Balance Minimus Shoes. Footware isn’t often viewed as kitchen equipment…but who knows when you’ll have to take a quick jog to the store of ingredients…or sprint out to the garden for fresh herbs. Love this video!