It’s been quite a weekend of last minute entries and planning our meals. Many thanks to all those folks that e-mailed us their proofs of purchase.
In addition, we want to congratulate all the men and women that were sweating it out in Carson California this weekend at the crowning of the Fittest Men, Women & Team events at the Crossfit Games. What amazing work by some superstar athletes. Check out the final results here!
What’s on Tap Now? Well, we think it is time to give away another beautiful Le Creuset piece!
So, beginning today (August 1st) and ending Sunday (August 7th) we’ll be taking additional entries to win our next piece of cookware from Le Creuset. Wonder which awesome piece it will be? Stay tuned to get a peak at this gorgeous giveaway at the end of the week. The winner of our next contest will be announced Monday morning August 8th.
Here are the rules:
1) If you haven’t already pre-ordered Paleo Comfort Foods, do so by going here to Amazon – then send us a copy of your receipt through the “contact us” link on our blog.
2) Have you already pre-ordered our book? Thanks! Want to gain entry into the next drawing? Simply post a comment to your blog, Facebook and/or Twitter account and include an @Paleocomfort mention in your comment. Keep spreading the Paleo love and we’ll put you in our next drawing. Yes, you can get entered more than once! (please just be sure to tag us or let us know via the comments here that you’ve been spreading the word!).
And Finally…a Recipe for all you to get the week started off right!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
1 tbs. olive oil
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
12 large eggs, whisked
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
2. Saute onions in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
3. While onions/peppers are cooking, whisk eggs in large bowl.
4. Once onions/peppers are cooked, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Dump peppers/onions in egg bowl (once cooled) and combine well. Sprinkle in salt & pepper.
5. Coat a large muffin pan with olive oil spray or coconut oil. Using a 1/4 cup (60mL) measuring cup, fill each muffin cup.
6. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove once the tops get high, fluffy and golden brown. Pop them out with a butter knife or thin spatula.
Serve these by themselves or have some salsa, chipotle sauce or guacamole on hand to garnish.