head cauliflower, leaves removed, stem and florets chopped into similar sized pieces
cup chicken stock or broth (more for a particularly large head of cauliflower)
teaspoon black pepper
cloves garlic, smashed
teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover, allowing to cook for 15-20 minutes or so, or until the cauliflower is very tender and easily mashed with a fork. You may need to add more stock if everything dries up and your cauliflower is not yet cooked through. Keep an eye on things as it cooks to see if you need to add some more.
- Once cauliflower is tender and cooked through, pour off any excess stock that remains and reserve.
- Pour all contents into a food processor and mix. If the cauliflower seems too dry, add in some of the reserved stock.
- Add in any spices, herbs, or "mix-ins" that you'd like as discussed above.
by Julie and Charles Mayfield