If you are getting a little bit bored of the food that you are eating, perhaps it is time to switch things up a bit. Thankfully, having dietary requirements doesn’t have to mean that you miss out on good food, and we are going to help you to add something new to your meals in this article.
The food that we are going to help you make here is coconut cauliflower rice, which adds a unique spin to traditional cauliflower rice that is eaten by lots of people with dietary requirements. One of the best things about this dish is that it is quick and easy to make , and it doesn’t require many ingredients.
In this article, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about coconut cauliflower rice, including how to make it yourself. This will allow you to try new foods and make normal cauliflower rice a bit more interesting. Even if you don’t particularly like cauliflower rice, this recipe might just change your mind.
Coconut Cauliflower Rice
One of the reasons why this recipe is so popular is that it is suitable for Paleo gluten-free, Whole30, and AIP diets. It is a great side dish recipe that takes just 10 minutes to create, and it is surprisingly full of flavor. It works best with Asian-inspired dishes, but can be paired with almost anything, and it is the perfect side dish to make on busy nights when you don’t want to spend too much time cooking.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is often considered to be bland and boring, but it doesn’t always have to be. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from making tasty alterations to this side dish to make it more flavorful. There are lots of recipes online for cauliflower rice and it even now comes pre-packaged in stores, but if this is too boring for you, then why not spice things up a bit?
Not only is cauliflower rice a healthier alternative that slots well into restricted diets, but it also has great nutritional value and is one of your five a day. It is one of the easiest swaps that you can make to increase your nutrition density in the day and avoid grains altogether. So let’s not write this dish off just yet, as there is something that we can do to make it even better.
This is where our super simple coconut cauliflower rice recipe comes in, with just a 10 minute total prep and cook time. Just by making some simple additions, you can turn your standard and bland cauliflower rice into something that is much more flavorful and appetizing. However, you should keep in mind that it is only AIP compliant if you use coconut oil instead of butter.
Coconut Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This is a recipe that creates 4 servings, and it has a prep time of just 5 minutes, and a cook time of 5 minutes, which means that it only takes an impressively short 10 minutes to complete this side dish from start to finish.
- 1 medium/large head Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter, Ghee, or Coconut Oil (use Coconut Oil for AIP)
- 6 tbsp Coconut Milk full-fat canned tastes best
- 1 tbsp Cilantro minced (optional)
- If you have bought pre-riced cauliflower, then you can go ahead and skip this step. Otherwise, you will need to cut the cauliflower through the middle into 4 sections and remove the leafy outside of the vegetable.
- Next, you will need to put the shredder blade into your food processor and then feed the cauliflower down through the top chute while the machine is on. This will create the perfect cauliflower rice. You might find that you need to cut the cauliflower up a little bit more to make it fit in the chute, but this isn’t always the case.
- Now, it is time to heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the cooking oil into the pan and allow it time to get warm.
- Once you have done this, it is time to add the cauliflower rice. You will need to let it cook for around 5 minutes before you proceed to the next step. Make sure that you stir the rice occasionally so that it doesn’t end up sticking together or to the pan. If you are using frozen cauliflower, be sure to strain off any excess liquid.
- Next, you need to add the butter, ghee, or coconut oil, depending on what you have chosen to use. Let it melt, and then mix it in.
- All that is left to do now is to add the coconut milk and cilantro and mix it in before you are ready to serve it.